I used to be good at staying on top of my e-mail. I wrote to people constantly. If communication dropped off, I was always the last person to send a message. I was always doing research and writing essays on my favorite topics. When I wasn’t doing that I journaled.
But now when I have something to write, I put it off for weeks, even months. It’s like I can’t be bothered to think. Why do I do this?? This is not good for my future! I believe the thought process goes something like this:
– I don’t have as much time as I used to.
– I’m a slow writer to begin with.
– Everything I want to write about seems so much more complicated now and would require so much more thought to write well about it.
– I have a bunch of other stuff I want to do, too (things that take less work!), so I don’t want to spend all evening writing one little thing.
– My mind feels blank, as if I have nothing to say.
I need to get over this. It worries me. Sometime later I’ll write more about why. (haha)